CPR Instructor Course
The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross CPR/AED.
Red Cross certification means that on a particular date an instructor verified that a participant demonstrated competency in all required skills taught in the course. Competency is defined as being able to demonstrate correct decision-making processes, to sequence care steps properly and to demonstrate proficiency in completing all required skills without any coaching or assistance.
To complete the course successfully, the participant must:
- Attend the entire course.
- Participate in all skill sessions and scenarios.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios.
- Complete all four practice-teaching assignments.
- Pass the final written exams with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
Participants must possess a current American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certification or an equivalent certification from another organization.