Lifeguard Instructor Course
The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterpark skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens Training courses and/or Modules.
- Participants must be at least 17 years old.
- They must possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification or an equivalent certification from another organization.
- Successfully complete the online session and the pre-course exam.
- Lifeguard Instructors Manual
To complete the course successfully, the participant must:
- Attend the entire course.
- Participate in all skill sessions and scenarios.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios.
- Complete all four practice-teaching assignments.
- Pass the final written exam for Bloodborne Pathogens, Administering
- Emergency Oxygen and Instructor Course with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
(Participant is responsible for bringing his or her own breathing barrier. Breathing barriers can be purchased on site for a $20.00 fee)
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certified.